Armenian born world famous choreographer and creative director Arthur Gourounlian has launched his career in Belgium before moving to the United Kingdom and becoming one of the most popular dancers of nowadays. During our talk, Arthur shared with his desire of working with Armenian singers like Razmik Amyan, Lilit Hovhannisyan and Armenchik.
But before that, let us represent you NEWS.am STYLE exclusive interview with the famous Armenian dancer, in which he speaks about his collaborations with world known stars like Beyonce, Pussycat Dolls, Leona Lewis, Kyile Minogue and etc.
- Arthur, please, tell us about your Armenian roots.
- About my Armenian roots. Now what can I say more than that I am really proud to be Armenian and represent the Armenians everywhere I go in the world with my travels, even though some of the countries have never even heard of Armenia but now they do. I am from Yerevan, which we all know is the capital of Armenia and to me one of the beautiful cities, I guess I am biased because that's where I come from and would never forget.
- At what age did you notice your interest towards dancing?
- I loved performing and showing myself off front of my parents, guests since the early age. But unfortunately I did not start my dancing carrier about age of 20. As every parent would think it is not a future for your child so I went to be a barber and hairdresser as some of my uncles used to own salons in Armenian. Once I graduated and got my diploma then the professional dancing life begun.
- As a dancer and choreographer you have worked with a lot of stars: Beyonce, Pussycat Dolls, Leona Lewis, Kylie Minogue and etc. How it was working with that world known artists?
- I was very lucky and privileged to be working with world famous superstars and whatever job or whoever I was working with I keep pinching myself thinking, “Wow the Armenian boy with all this amazing people”.
- And which of them was easier to collaborate with?
-They all were beautiful and amazing to work with.
- What are you working at right now?
- Right now I am in preparation for a massive Elvis Presley 80th Anniversary Arena show which will be a 2 days special. I am the Artistic Supervisor / Director for this event.
Follow NEWS.am STYLE on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram
13:30, March 24Jennifer Lopez: There are no rules in today’s fashion scene (PHOTOS)
22:22, March 22Eurovision 2023: Under which number Armenia to perform at semifinals? (VIDEO)
11:05, March 22Rapper 6ix9ine hospitalized after being beaten by group of men at South Florida gym
11:34, March 21Kev Orkian: Blockade continues, Azerbaijan president threatens Armenians with war, but world is still silent (VIDEO)
11:15, March 21Bruce Willis celebrates 68th birthday together with former, current wives (PHOTOS)
21:20, March 20
America of 1930s is in Yerevan (PHOTOS)
10:25, March 20Playbill: Where to go in Yerevan this week?
11:15, March 19Macaulay Culkin's 2nd child is born
13:29, March 17Billie Eilish plays hypnotherapist in new series ‘Swarm’ (VIDEO)
12:08, March 17Arsen Grigoryan speaks on new Armenian comedy film OTTK, new collaboration with Sarik Andreasyan
10:26, March 17Jennifer Lopez stars in ad for her own shoe brand (PHOTOS)
14:19, March 16Jim Gordon, drummer and convicted murderer, dies aged 77