Armenian born world famous choreographer and creative director Arthur Gourounlian has launched his career in Belgium before moving to the United Kingdom and becoming one of the most popular dancers of nowadays. During our talk, Arthur shared with his desire of working with Armenian singers like Razmik Amyan, Lilit Hovhannisyan and Armenchik.
But before that, let us represent you NEWS.am STYLE exclusive interview with the famous Armenian dancer, in which he speaks about his collaborations with world known stars like Beyonce, Pussycat Dolls, Leona Lewis, Kyile Minogue and etc.
- Arthur, please, tell us about your Armenian roots.
- About my Armenian roots. Now what can I say more than that I am really proud to be Armenian and represent the Armenians everywhere I go in the world with my travels, even though some of the countries have never even heard of Armenia but now they do. I am from Yerevan, which we all know is the capital of Armenia and to me one of the beautiful cities, I guess I am biased because that's where I come from and would never forget.
- At what age did you notice your interest towards dancing?
- I loved performing and showing myself off front of my parents, guests since the early age. But unfortunately I did not start my dancing carrier about age of 20. As every parent would think it is not a future for your child so I went to be a barber and hairdresser as some of my uncles used to own salons in Armenian. Once I graduated and got my diploma then the professional dancing life begun.
- As a dancer and choreographer you have worked with a lot of stars: Beyonce, Pussycat Dolls, Leona Lewis, Kylie Minogue and etc. How it was working with that world known artists?
- I was very lucky and privileged to be working with world famous superstars and whatever job or whoever I was working with I keep pinching myself thinking, “Wow the Armenian boy with all this amazing people”.
- And which of them was easier to collaborate with?
-They all were beautiful and amazing to work with.
- What are you working at right now?
- Right now I am in preparation for a massive Elvis Presley 80th Anniversary Arena show which will be a 2 days special. I am the Artistic Supervisor / Director for this event.
07:51, September 28Mel Gibson condemns Azerbaijan military aggression against Karabakh Armenians
12:03, September 26Chris Bohjalian: Devastated that the world did nothing to help Karabakh people
11:41, September 25Chris Bohjalian: World did nothing for Armenians, just as in 1915
10:20, September 25Eric Esrailian: People often tried to pull apart oldest Christian nation in the world but they will never be successful
14:48, September 24Simon Abkarian: Azerbaijan’s task is not to conquer Armenia, but to destroy it
14:20, September 24Vic Gerami: World ‘leaders’ created monster in Aliyev and sent Armenians to slaughter
12:07, September 24Marc2Ray: 1915-2023: A genocide denied is a genocide continued
12:14, September 23Serj Tankian publishes archival photo from Artsakh
10:06, September 23Kev Orkian condemns silence amidst Armenian tragedy: The blood of innocent Armenians stains all who remain silent
19:04, September 22The Muse Brand shows Stepanakert bombing during Milan Fashion Week
08:30, September 21Kim Kardashian to US government: Potential for genocide of Karabakh Armenians is worse now
08:04, September 21Snoop Dogg's concert has been rescheduled indefinitely