By Syune Arakelyan
While writing the song “One in a Million,” Swedish singer Staffan Olsson couldn’t even imagine how popular it will become.
This song, which was released in 2000, still continues to remain a worldwide hit, even though 14 years have passed. It is still inseparable part of many beauty contests in all over the world. “One in a Million” also became one of the soundtracks of the famous movie “Miss Congeniality,” starring Sandra Bullock. Subsequently, it was nominated for a Golden Globe for “Best Original Song-Motion Picture.”
To whom is dedicated one of the most popular songs of all times? How Staffan became Bosson? What memories does the singer have from “Tashir 2007” and his tour with Britney Spears? Will he have a concert in
The answers to these questions and a lot more are revealed in our exclusive interview below with Bosson.
- First of all, I would like to know how do you prefer to be called; Staffan or Bosson?
- Staffan actually… but some people, who know me as Bosson call me that way, and it’s fine too!
-Well, Staffan, it is said that your stage name, Bosson, comes from the expression “Bo’s son.” Who has suggested you to take that name?
- I actually saw it in a newspaper in
-“One in a Million” is considered to be your number one song. What’s your favorite from your songs?
- My favorite one and thee one I’m most proud of, when it comes to songwriting is, probably, “What if I”… But “One in a million” is, of course, special, since it opened all the doors to this magic music world.
-It’s known, that you have dedicated the song to “Miss
- I’m actually still looking for my "One in a million” girl… but a year ago I chose to rename and rededicate the song to one of my closest friends, who is a girl. She has incurable cancer and is fighting the battle of her life right now. She is a painter and at her vernissage, where I was performing I said that from now on I will rename the song “One in a Billion” and dedicate it to her…I think Jessica doesn’t mind it…she had it for so many years anyway.:)
- In 2007, you were a special guest in “Tashir” Armenian Music Awards, which was held in
- I actually remember that Award, because there were photos of everybody, that performed on the poster and at the place, but unfortunately I didn’t get to see anybody on stage. But since I’ve been in
-As for Eurovision, every year
-Me and my producer talked about participating next year, but I don’t know if we will get something ready in time. However, maybe I can do a duet with somebody from
-Bosson, you have toured with a lot of stars like Britney Spears, Enrique Iglesias, Marc Anthony, etc. Can you remember which the most impressive tour of your life was?
- Really difficult question, so many things…But the tour with Britney was fun…we did 24 dates together in the
-You have also worked with Russian singers Lolita and Katya Lel. Please speak about these collaborations.
- It was fun to do the duets! (“Небо в глазах”, “Тобой живу”) Katya was very nice and had a lot of energy. She invited us to her home and she and her mother cooked a lot of delicious food. We also made a video together and did different TV-shows and had a great time together. And Lolita, yes, what can I say… I love her, she is an amazing person…. and I loved to work with her. She has such a big heart and great sense of humor! We both have lots of distance to ourselves and don’t take ourselves so serious. So, every time we were on stage, we did some fun stuff…. You never know what was going to happen, she had always some surprise. I met her again half a year ago in
-Both duets are also in Russian. Was it easy for you to sing in that language?
-I worked with my Russian language in the studio. With a little help from different people we managed to get the words right, or as close as I could get them. It’s a lot of fun to actually be able to sing one half of two songs in Russian. Before you start and when you try to learn the lyrics, it feels impossible, but everything is possible and both of the songs worked better, than I could imagine!
-You had a number of concerts in
- I would love to come to
-And what are you working on right now?
-Right now we are working on a new song, which will also have a video. There is a company that is interested to go back and release a new single in the States… I have a history there with “One in a Million”, the Golden Globe, the Britney tour etc.. so they want to work with me. My sister and some other friends live in
- Do you have anything to say to your Armenian fans and our readers?
-Thank you so much to my Armenian fans for supporting me and my songs during the years…Big love! And to all the readers…if I don’t see you before: Have a great summer, a Merry Christmas, a Happy New Year and a wonderful Women’s’ day!:) If you want, you can follow me on Facebook and Instagram. Lots of love from me and I hope to see you soon!
14:04, March 23Christina Aguilera says 2002 song was inspired by ex-boyfriend who was gay
13:04, March 23Cardi B flies into rage over paying 40% in taxes in expletive filled Instagram post
12:35, March 22Kanye West could face legal battle after Chinese clothing company
11:35, March 22Emily Ratajkowski shares naked photos from her luxury honeymoon in Utah
21:35, March 21
Eurovision 2018. Sevak Khanagyan represents the music video on Qami
13:03, March 21
World’s longest “gata” Armenian pastry is made in Yerevan (Photos/video)
12:34, March 21Cindy Crawford shares throwback bikini photo from the Nineties
14:41, March 20Dwayne 'The Rock' Johnson buys his ailing father a new Cadillac Escalade
11:33, March 20Donald Trump Jr.'s secret affair with Celebrity Apprentice Aubrey O'Day revealed
15:45, March 19Kourtney Kardashian seems annoyed at Kim's dead stare and Khloe's fussing about during bathroom selfie
14:05, March 19Food diet for spring
12:35, March 19Blac Chyna sizzles in lace-trimmed red lingerie