By Norayr Nazaryan
NEWS.am STYLE continues to share interesting facts about popular films.
Today we’ll talk about Anne Fletcher's 2006 movie “Step Up.” So...
1․ The original name of the film was "Music High" (Music School).
2. All the artwork that can be seen at this school was created by students of the Carver Center for the Arts and Technology. This is a very well-known and prestigious art high school located in the vicinity of Baltimore, USA.
3. During the filming, Channing Tatum and Jenna Dewan-Tatum, like their heroes, began to go out. On July 11, 2009, they got married, but in 2018, the couple divorced.
4. Channing Tatum, who is not a professional dancer, was initially scared to appear in this movie along with people who had danced all their lives.
5. The film was a director’s debut for Anne Fletcher, who previously worked as a choreographer. Also, Fletcher has a cameo in the film, as she plays dance teacher Nora.
6. Jenna Dewan had covered up her tattoos, especially for the film.
7. According to the original script, Tatum's character was supposed to be called Derek, and he was supposed to be a singer.
8. Jamal Sims was engaged in the production of dance scenes.
9. During the performance of one of the elements of the final dance, Tatum unsuccessfully fell on his head—but, fortunately, he did not sustain serious injuries.
10. The movie features music by famous artists and DJs such Ciara, Sean Paul, Chris Brown, Pitbull, Lil Jon, Mark Ronson, T. I., and several others.
11. With a budget of $12 million, the movie grossed $114 million at the global box office.
14:11, May 19Squid Game director reveals details of second season: There will be more games
12:33, May 19Johnny Depp is suspected of having affair with his lawyer
11:11, May 19Charlize Theron dates Kim Kardashian's ex-boyfriend
09:01, May 19Tom Cruise wins honorary Palme d'Or at Cannes Film Festival
17:45, May 18Selena Gomez releases new collection of tableware (PHOTOS)
16:53, May 18Mike Tyson to star in 'Black Flies' medical drama
15:12, May 18'Spider-Man: No Way Home' creator to make TV series based on 'Star Wars'
14:01, May 18Pablo Picasso's painting sold for 67.5 million dollars at auction
12:58, May 18Pixar Studios announce its 27th feature film 'Elemental'
11:32, May 18Haters attack Lily-Rose Depp for silence on Depp and Heard's trial
20:23, May 17Kim Kardashian poses for Sports Illustrated cover
19:12, May 17Amber Heard says she deceived court